OHFCHILD IS ABOUT
- Providing a home for poor orphans and abandoned children.
- Proper education, food and health.
- Skills that would enable them to earn a living after leaving the home.
- Creating an environment where the children feel loved and at home as this builds up their self-esteem and confidence in wanting a better future.
- Encouraging thinking skills, mastering English, learning computers and interpersonal skills.
- Character building, self-discipline and determination.
- Creating jobs for the children.
ASK WHAT DOES YOUR CHILD SPONSORSHIP DO FOR THE SPONSORED CHILD
In OHF, the sponsored child lives in a fully equipped children home with computer rooms, sports facilities, proper meals, good education and a loving environment where they are properly cared for. The child sponsorship donation pays for the salaries of the staff, food, utilities, education and medical bills, maintenance and a host of expenses incurred by the home. These are direct and tangible benefits that the sponsored child receives. Probe and ask for the details of how your child sponsorship donations reaches the child.
A WELL-RUN CHILDREN HOME CAN PROVIDE LONG TERM FUTURE FOR POOR CHILDREN
Sadly, many children homes or orphanages are operated as a business to benefit the operator. However, we must not throw the baby with the bath water. OHF, together with a few organisations run proper children homes with good facilities and children programs. For example, they have access to at least two hours of computer lesson per week, learn English and have the opportunity to interact with foreign-volunteers. After over ten years, more than forty children have left Hope Village Prey Veng and all have been grateful for the opportunity to live in Hope Village.
While "experts" have condemned orphanages and residential care, they should ask the children from well run children homes and ask for their opinions. With no exception, all the children in Hope Village who have graduated are thankful that they were brought up in a learning and loving environment. It is like looking at few dozen corrupted democratic countries and conclude that democracy is bad! We believed that well run children homes will provide a good future for desperately poor children.
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com to sponsor a child staying in Hope Village Prey Veng (Cambodia) or Hope Trust Nepal!