We have substantial operations in Cambodia and Nepal. We are a very hard driving, technically savvy, hard working and fast-paced charity. We are looking for committed staff who are keen to help the poor in developing countries. The work is challenging, exciting and offers opportunities for creativity and self-development. With a small team, each member plays an important role as there is a high degree of interdependency.
OHF principles of working as a team are:
- Conquer the unknown together
- It is impossible only, because you think so
- Do not confuse activity with work
- When in doubt, ASK
- Do what is needed, not what you like
- Allow different ways of achieving the same results
- Contribute facts not just opinions
- What you do affects others
- The Work is the Boss
- No one has all the answers
We expect our staff to have good decision-making skills, humility to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills, and to have the same vision and passion to help the poor.
SINGAPORE SENIOR MANAGER
The Singapore Senior Manager (“SSM”) will be the senior staff responsible for Operations Hope Foundation’s (“OHF”) Singapore operations. The SSM will report and take instructions from OHF’s Board. He is to work with the Senior Manager, Overseas Operations. The latter will be responsible for all our overseas projects.
The SSM will oversee all operations of the Singapore office which includes Public Relations, Fund Raising, Human Resources, Donors and Volunteers Databases, Finances and Administration matters.
- Public relations (“PR”)
- Manage and improve OHF’s social and Internet profile, exposure and communication impact especially our monthly e-newsletter, website, YouTube videos and Facebook platforms.
- Create awareness of and publicity for OHF through various media channels including newspapers, magazines, TV, social media and ad hoc events.
- Assess, liaise and outsourced work to social media vendors and consultant(s).
- Engage in networking events and expand our networking with other NGOs. Past experience and wide industry contacts are essentials.
- Fund Raising & Collaborations
- Fund raising for OHF programs and projects
- Marketing of overseas community outreach programs to schools, tertiary institutes, churches and to businesses as their corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) projects.
- Seek grants to support our overseas community programs
- Ensure timely and professional reporting and communications for all grant projects
- Plan and organise fund raising events and donation appeals to raise funds for OHF
- Broaden and increase our donor and partners/collaborators sources particularly with CSR divisions, grant-giving institutions, Christian organisations and overseas Foundations and NGOs to fund specific projects.
- Organise donor and sponsor events.
- Achieve the fund raising goal set by the Board.
- Recruitment and appraisal of staff and staff related matters
- Management of Singapore office administration and generate or update SOPs
- Ensure existing donor and sponsor data base is well serviced and maintained
- Requires minimum Degree level qualification with 5 years of work experience. Marketing and Communications related qualifications will be an advantage.
- Must have the ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Photoshop and Drupal will be an added advantage.
- Skills and experience in Fund Raising projects and event management is essential.
- Experience in customer service or relationship management roles will be an advantage.
- Resourceful, analytical and ability to work independently with proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Positive attitude, good team player and able to work under pressure.
- This is not a requirement, but having some knowledge of how churches mobilize their mission teams and trips would be an advantage.
- Candidate must be a Singaporean/PR
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, a recent photograph, an updated CV with current and expected salaries. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.