With nearly 20 years experience in Cambodia, OHF has a wealth of knowledge on how to manage and execute projects in developing countries.
The challenges working in developing countries are many, ranging from the lack of trained staff to a lackadaisical attitude towards corruption.
We have extensive operations in Cambodia with 35 Khmer staff running community, skills training and volunteer projects as well as a children home. We are intimately involved with the operations and provide technical, financial and administrative support.
We are expanding our operations in Nepal. Starting with a children home, we are now involved in livelihood projects like goat and chicken farming and conducting computer and tailoring training. We are also building houses, churches and community halls using rice bag methodology.
We have large infrastructure to support our projects. The photo on the left is our children home in Cambodia.
With so many buildings, we need to look at maintenance, renovations and upgrades, repainting etc. In addition to the buildings, we have UV water treatment system, submersible well pump, rainwater harvestings, CCTV cameras, generator as well as computers and networks.
The photo on the right is one of our OHF community programmes. Our community projects includes building houses, wells and toilets. These projects require close project management and detailed monitoring of cost as well as ensuring quality of the construction.
The work in Nepal involves traveling over bad roads to rural communities. Supervising the construction of rice bag houses requires field work and OHF staff will be expected to spend two weeks or more overseeing the project. They must be prepared to stay in basic accommodation, eat the same food as the Nepalis and ensure the cold winter nights and the hot summer days. OHF staff must understand how rice bag buildings are constructed, the correct materials needed and supervise the work to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
The livelihood projects means we have to understand animal husbandry, examine the project to ensure they provide sustainable income to the beneficiaries. Our hands-on approach means we look into the details of the project to see if we can improve or reduce the cost.
OHF’s strength is its hands-on approach with the goal of a high benefit to cost ratio for the beneficiaries. We are looking at growth and expansion of existing as well as looking for new projects in other countries. We are at the very exciting growth phase!
- Finance Executive
CEO execute plans to develop OHF’s services, raise funds and increase public awareness of OHF. The CEO maintains the culture and mission of OHF especially its culture of fraud prevention and ability to execute projects with excellence in developing countries.
The CEO works with the Board, staff, donors and volunteers to grow and expand OHF’s services to more countries and at the same time provide meaningful help to the beneficiaries.
The CEO plans ways to develop the charity’s services, generate income and expand OHF’s work to more countries. You will ensure compliance to regulatory policies in the countries we work in and ensure governance according to the legal requirements in Singapore.
The principal responsibilities of the role are:
Provide firm leadership, direction and management for OHF, its vision and mission, its beneficiaries, its employees and volunteers
- Provide leadership, direction, support and motivation to all employees, partners and volunteers.
- Produce timely annual business / operational plans according to the agreed strategy.
- Produce timely reports for the Board and other stakeholders. These reports are crucial to ensure proper governance of our overseas projects.
- Develop, agree and implement practical steps for implementing business and operational plans.
- Develop new projects and programs in line with OHF’s vision and mission.
- Provide regular updates to the Board on developments in achieving each of the strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all core business decisions are in line with the strategic objectives.
- Ensure all employees and partners are set annual objectives in line with the business and operational plans, which are reviewed regularly.
- Ensure all employees have one formal written appraisal and an interim verbal appraisal every year, which must be documented.
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to OHF;s Standard Operating System (SOP) and ensure the SOPs are regularly updated.
- Ensure that the organisation is appropriately funded and fund raising activities are able to bring in the funds to support OHF’s programs.
- Ensure that the OHF’s funding and finance processes and protocols are followed and that the organisation is appropriately and ethically managed
Representation of OHF
- Raise the profile of OHF overseas and especially in Singapore.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the OHF’s image both to beneficiaries , donors, partners and the public.
- Ensure that all media output, including online and in print, is of the highest quality and reflect OHF’s values, strategic direction and activities
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all necessary and desirable policies are in place, implemented and reviewed regularly with the Board.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures which maximise the OHF’s ability to deliver the best possible service to our beneficiaries in the most cost effective and efficient ways and with the high benefit to cost ratios.
- Ensure SOPs are updated and activities are carried out in compliance to the SOPs.
Fundraising and Partnership
- Maintain and develop working relationships with key partners, key donors and volunteers.
- Source and build partnership opportunities that will support OHF to meet its strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership and support in developing and delivering a multi-stream funding strategy.
Staff management, support and deployment
- Ensure that all staff members and volunteers are managed, motivated, supported and appropriately deployed.
- Ensure staff are trained and able to follow the SOPs and policies especially when executing overseas programs and monitoring overseas partners or staff.
You will need to meet the following criteria to apply:
- Passion for helping the poor in developing countries.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent level qualification or experience of working at a similar level in an organisation.
- Direct involvement in the development or execution of strategy, business plans and organisational policies . Experience working in projects for developing countries would be a significant advantage.
- A strong technical bias to decision making and problem solving is required as the work scope is very wide and ranges from construction to livelihood programs.
- Able and willing to travel frequently to developing countries as all our programs are overseas. Travel will include remote areas with terrible roads and basic living conditions.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work under one’s own initiative.
- Committed and possessing the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- The ability to lead a team from the front and develop and build good working relationships with all stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities and handling multiple issues at the same time.
- Good organisational, administrative and time-management skills.
- Computer literacy in dealing with standard MS Office packages, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge in the areas we work is essential.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, a recent photograph, an updated CV with current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be no less than two A4 pages, showing how you meet the requirements of the role. Applicants are expected to study our web site www.ohf.org.sg and explain how they are able to contribute to OHF .
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that all financial reports and funds management are correctly recorded, analysed and controlled to achieve OHF’s financial integrity and prevention and detection of fraud.
- Assist to review all monthly budgets from the field operations for timely funds disbursement.
- Assist to analyse and summarise reports from our overseas projects on trends and propose changes where necessary.
- Obtain, analyse and summarise reports from Singapore activities such as:
- Donations and sponsors
- Community Projects
- Tracking of all Restricted and specified donations and reporting on progress
- Support all projects’ financial planning, accounting and control.
- Assist to establish and maintain HR, Finance and accounting SOPs.
- Assist in issuance of receipt and payment vouchers, banking matters, HR matters and bank reconciliations.
- Assist on administrative role as follows :
- Attending to queries
- Ensure all OHF regulatory and license matters are compliant and filed on a proper and timely manner
- Ensure all OHF Singapore and overseas sites’ financial and regulatory records and supporting documentation are reliably backed-up and updated.
- Travelling is required as our projects are overseas.
- Assist in other reasonable duties and other activities organized by OHF Singapore.
- Minimum 5 years of General accounting experience
- Diploma or Accounting Certificate
- Candidate must be a Singaporean or PR
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, a recent photograph, an updated CV with current and expected salaries. Email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.